Guidelines to provide a checklist for safe and enjoyable kitesurfing.
CONDITIONS – assess:
- Wind strength and direction
- Waves, tides, currents and rips
- The weather forecast
LOOK – before you launch, jump, jibe (turn), land
EQUIPMENT – always:
- Complete your pre-flight safety check
- Always use a kite leash
- Use a quick release on anything you connect too
- Practice using your safety systems – you need to use them instinctively
- Never exceed manufacturers specifications – particularly the wind range for your kite size
- Seek and listen to local advice
- Don’t exceed your limitations – come in before you get too tired. Accidents and mistakes happen when you are fatigued.
- Use your judgement. If in doubt don’t go out, or don’t do it.
- Others, including all water and beach users,
- The law
- Fellow kiters – know the right of way rules and follow them
- The environment